Friday 22 March 2013

Favourite Landscapes From 2012 & Early 2013

So... I restarted my blog late in November last year and guess what? Zip diddly nada since :( It's about time I wrote something so I thought I may as well start with a round up of my favourite landscapes from 2012 and early 2013 to bring us up to date in that genre.

I've always liked the work of Ansel Adams and currently part the way through one of his books. Up until writing this post I hadn't really noticed his impact on my own work but now I think it's obvious.

Ansel Adams was an American photographer and environmentalist  (February 20, 1902 – April 22, 1984), best known for his monochrome photographs of the American West, especially Yosemite National Park. You can see his work here: http://www.anseladams.com/

Moonrise, Hernandez is one of his most well known photographs. Below are three of my favourites.

MoonriseHernandezNew Mexico 






Bear in mind that Ansel Adams would have been lugging huge glass plate camera's around Yosemite utilising mules and helpers. This is a far cry from today's lightweight digital camera's and tripods, yet we still complain about the weight! 

Below are a few of mine. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment